Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yeh

There are a lot of people in the street, sharing their business with the world. I don't analyze these things; I just observe them. It's just the face of a person who's observing, not in a judgmental way or even in a sociological way...just glancing around to see what makes people tick. I have the urge to climb into a time machine and go travel the world on a great ship, you know in a distant time before youtube and phone cameras. It is that constant struggle between technological advances and the juiciness of discovering things at a snail's pace and being dumbfounded at every turn.
Life should be discovery always. I have been spending a lot of time alone and making occasional appearances at social gatherings. I am not a fan of overcrowded places full of things that I don't understand such as competition based on physical appearance or other oddities. I am happy today to be in a cool room with access to a computer and a keyboard that feels light to the touch.
I am trying to run only for exercise and not for the usual reasons.
I do feel another adventure coming on and this one may be one that takes me far from this little beautiful city that I have called home for so long. All of a sudden, the idea of being a stranger to everyone is exciting again.
When I was a teenager, I used to say, "If they know my name, it's time to leave."
It seems like we are all children forever and in some place in our minds, the desires we had as five-year-olds remain, transmuted and beckoning.

No comments: